We have our own personal computer at home. Each of different brands and models. But what makes sense in comparing the performance of a computer from one to another? This is what I found when I bump into Speedypc. It helps my computer's performance a lot better than the usual. Having also an Internet Faster than the ordinary connection helps make your computer performance better.
- Before making the Internet connection speed faster, it is very much important to identify its speed. You can do this by going to various websites that provide speed test
utilities for free. Keep in mind that the Internet connection speed will
always differ every time it is tested. The important thing is that the
variations should be close to the reported speed of the service that you
have subscribed to.
- The moment the speed is identified, you can go ahead and boost your Internet connection. Start by placing the cursor on the "Start" button and click on the "Control Panel."
- In the Control Panel window, click on the "Internet Options" to access the Internet properties display. After that, click the "Connections" tab and click on the "LAN settings" button.
- You should uncheck all the checked boxes. After that, double click the "OK" button and then close the Control Panel window.
- Another choice is to download utilities or the tools that affect the functionalities associated with the Internet connection. Search for the tools that can recreate the Windows Sockets, also better known as Winsock.
- Another means for increasing speed is to adjust the Reserved Bandwidth executed by the Microsoft Windows Operating System. Then place the cursor on the "Start" button and select the "Run" option.
- In the "Open" box, type "gpedit.msc" and then click on the "OK" button. It will display the Group Policy window. Then click the "Computer Configuration" and choose the "Administrative Templates" option.
- Click on "Network" and select the Qos Packet Scheduler to modify the Limit Reservable Bandwidth choice. Then click the "Enable" button and change the default value with zero.
- Click on the "Apply" button and then "OK" to execute the modifications. This will make the loading of the Web
pages faster. Adjusting some values that are related with the Internet
Explorer browser will increase the speed of the connection procedure. To
execute this, place the cursor on the "Start" button, click on "Run". In the open box, type in "regedit" and then click on "OK."
- Click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry editor window and expand the sub category of the software. Click on the Microsoft folder, select "Windows," click on "Current Version" and click on the Internet settings.
- Adjust the values related with the MaxConnectionsPerServer keys and MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server and MA to a
greater value such as 10. This will enable the accessible connections for each page to be browsed.
- Close the registry editor window and run Internet Explorer. Visit websites to find out if the speed has increased in displaying the Web pages.
Hope this helps.