Married Life from Hitched - Social network for married couples

Mexican Government Considers Renewable Marriage Contract

BREAKING NEWS

Mexican government to consider marriage contracts for its citizens.

Dateline:  Mexico City, Mexico

On October 5, 2011, several news outlets reported that the Mexican government is considering legislation that allows couples to enter into “marriage contracts” instead of entering into traditional marriage.  Well, before the Mexican government introduced this concept, we had the movie. 

In 2007, The Video Factory released The Marriage Contract a short movie that explores the idea of creating contracts between people contemplating marriage instead of opting for traditional marriage.  The movie revolves around a pre-marital counseling session between a couple preparing to marry, and a Relationships Expert who despises traditional marriage.

While the movie is fictional, the ideas and concepts advanced in the movie require serious consideration.  Many couples do not adequately explore the “rules and roles” of their relationships, and often become disillusioned after the “I do’s”.

The Marriage Contract is both provocative and controversial; and will generate a lot of discussion.  Before you say, ‘I do’, you have to see The Marriage Contract.

The Marriage Contract is available On Demand at www.SoulVisionTV.com

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is another article that talks about this:

http://love-advice-forum.com/Love-Advice-Articles/til-death-do-us-p...

Personally I don't think it's a bad idea.  If people want to define their marriage like that for just a couple years, who am I to tell them it's wrong?

RSS

Hitched Podcast

Episode 503: Marriage May Lower Risk of Heart Attacks and Strokes

Researchers analyized the results of many different studies and found married couples had lower risk of heart attacks and strokes. Dr. Karen Sherman explains why this might be.

© 2018   Created by hitched.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service